From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: grub reiser4
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:13
1 On 10/2/05, Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 02/10/05, Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > > Chris Bainbridge wrote:
4 > > > On 02/10/05, R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > >>I still think it's retarded to have a reiser 4 boot partition, but
6 > > >>whatever stirs your pot. ;P
7 > > >
8 > > > It makes sense if you're actually using reiser4 for everything else.
9 > > > Why bloat your kernel with an extra FS just for /boot?
10 In addition, why bloat your fs by having a journaled filesystem for
11 essentially static files?
12 > >
13 > > Because most people want a tried and true fs on /boot, because if that
14 > > tanks your system doesn't boot. I'm not trying to bash reiser here, I
15 > > still use ext2 on /boot even if xfs is my main fs of choice for this reason.
16 >
17 > Being able to boot a kernel isn't much use without a root fs. If I
18 > can't boot, I have a livecd sitting on my desk. I guess if I had a
19 > ramdisk on /boot with a shell and some recovery tools then I might
20 > care, but I don't.
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list