From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@×××××××××.eu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] prune_libtool_files() and pkg-config dependency
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:45:17
1 On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:17:48 -0700
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3
4 > On 29/08/2012 15:16, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >>> > > Also, some people are probably going to try to get some
6 > >>> > > pkgconf support directly into gcc, in form of '-something
7 > >>> > > libfoo' to make it grab everything magically, I think.
8 > >> >
9 > >> > You have a future as a comedian.
10 > > Sir, you are going too far.
11 >
12 > I'm just saying that relying on something like that is a ludicrous
13 > notion.
14 >
15 > Okay so somebody might actually try to do that, not going to debate
16 > that — people have been out of their mind before.
17 >
18 > But developers actually relying on it? I find it very hard, as that
19 > basically means you're introducing build systems that only ever work
20 > on a theoretical GCC 4.8 _and nothing else_.
21 >
22 > So can you see what makes me laugh in your statement?
23
24 So you haven't seen GNU Makefiles, do you?
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny