From: Jasmin Buchert <jasmin@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo and LVM
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:07:36
1 Hi,
2
3 Just do:
4 mkdir /tmp/etctmp
5 mount -t tmpfs none /tmp/etctmp
6 cd /etc
7 tar -cpf - * | tar -f - -xvpC /tmp/etctmp
8 mount -o bind /tmp/etctmp /etc
9
10 After this you should have enough free space in /etc :)
11
12 PS: Installing Gentoo from bootdisk onto a root LV does not work. I get
13 kernel panic while mounting the root LV (has something todo with devfs). Also
14 the 'lvmcreate_initrd' command does not work while in the build chroot (it
15 cannot unmount the loopback device).
16
17 Have a nice day,
18 Jasmin Buchert