From: Juergen Ilse <juergen@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo and LVM
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:28:45
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 02:08:21PM +0100, Jasmin Buchert wrote:
4 > Just do:
5 > mkdir /tmp/etctmp
6 > mount -t tmpfs none /tmp/etctmp
7 > cd /etc
8 > tar -cpf - * | tar -f - -xvpC /tmp/etctmp
9 > mount -o bind /tmp/etctmp /etc
10 >
11 > After this you should have enough free space in /etc :)
12
13 Also a nice solution ... ;-)
14
15 > PS: Installing Gentoo from bootdisk onto a root LV does not work. I get
16 > kernel panic while mounting the root LV (has something todo with devfs). Also
17 > the 'lvmcreate_initrd' command does not work while in the build chroot (it
18 > cannot unmount the loopback device).
19
20 I will try it within the next few days ...
21 All in all, it sounds like some necessary work before lvm is "ready for
22 end-users" ...
23
24 ciao,
25 Juergen Ilse (ilse@××××××.de)
26 --
27 Wenn ich auch nur aus jedem 1000. Bug in einem M$ Produkt|Juergen Ilse
28 einen Tag trauern wollte, also da muesste ich 300 Jahre |Internet POP Hannover
29 alt werden und wuerde mehrere Dutzend schwarze Anzuege |Vahrenwalder Str. 205
30 aufbrauchen. (Detlef Bosau in dcoulm) |30165 Hannover