From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:11:55
1 On Saturday 19 November 2005 02:19 pm, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > > Minor? What you're asking for will cause a lot of administrative
3 > > nightmare for infra to manage those subdomain addresses among other
4 > > things.
5 >
6 > Frankly I think you're exagerating here.
7
8 What about the end-user headache of having to change subscriptions/bugzilla
9 accounts/aliases/etc. from username@××××××××××××××××.org to
10 username@g.o should they turn dev?
11
12 > It's a crazy notion, but y'all could've commented in the *TWO* months
13 > that this glep has been percolating, "yo, what do you want from an
14 > infra standpoint?".
15
16 Yeah, my bad.. Had I known that infrastructure implementation decisions could
17 be decided by a GLEP with no infra input requested, I would have paid
18 attention.
19
20 Besides, when I first read the glep "*TWO* months ago" there was nothing about
21 email subdomains.. It was fine.. Therefore, I did not comment.
22
23 > That's why you're on this ml- that is why gleps get sent to this ml- so
24 > that all of the various groups can weigh in.
25
26 Yup. And as soon as it caught my eye I weighed in.. and you're not happy
27 with it. -shrug- Next GLEP will be how to use constructive SUBJECT lines
28 for people who have too much email to keep up with so stuff like this will be
29 caught sooner.
30
31 > I see this mainly as infra/trustees not watching the ML.
32
33 Foundation has nothing to do with this issue whatsoever.
34
35 > Sucks, but too damn bad.
36
37 So will be finding help from infra to implement this with that attitude.
38 You're not helping the situation, Brian.. Kurt and Lance have spent the past
39 few hours talking about implementing this while you blast them on the list.
40
41 > I'm going to keep my mouth shut on the backdoor comment, aside from
42 > stating that's behaviour I hope to _never_ see out of a trustee again.
43 > ~harring
44
45 Okay, you have already pinged me on IRC about this since my original
46 correction was not good enough for you. I corrected my wrong in this thread,
47 but I still feel that the lack of delay between the changes and the vote was
48 not enough for devs to comment (specifically Lance). I don't care if I am a
49 trustee or not, that's wrong. After your last email, I don't think you are
50 in any position to comment on behaviour. ;)
53 Corey Shields
54 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team
55 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
56 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields