From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 03:03:28
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Coming back around to the earlier discussion of Alice who has her key
3 > signed by robbat2 (because he loves keysigning parties) and then Alice
4 > breaks into cvs.gentoo.org and commits evil code into the tree.  If we
5 > cannot stop this attack because we are relying on a chain of trust
6 > (and Alice is in the chain) can we at least detect the attack?
7
8 verifying identity isnt the same as listing who we trust. this is the
9 point Robin is making when he says he wants to list all trusted keys
10 in LDAP. from there, we could create a file signed by an infra "tree
11 key" and keep only the trusted keys in it.
12 -mike