From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multi hash support in portage - status
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:07:47
1 On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 11:38 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > > I'd rather wait for Manifest2 support.
3 > > What is the ETA for the GLEP and the implementation after i?
4 >
5 > GLEP I still have to start writing (mostly a reformatting of a mail I
6 > sent a long time ago), there is already a prototype implementation
7 > (doesn't cover everything yet but works generally), target is
8 > for when current trunk will be released (still have to settle on a
9 > version for it), which should hopefully be after 2.0.54 gets out
10 > (which should be in the next few weeks). At a guess I'd say 4 months
11 > till stable (but really, that's just a guess, see the 2.1 fiasko).
12
13 I think I would rather see the multi-hash support now, rather than
14 later, as it seems to be something our users are asking about and it
15 seems like all the work is really there for an implementation sooner
16 rather than later.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
21 x86 Architecture Team