From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multi hash support in portage - status
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:41:28
1 On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:33:34 +0100
2 Marc Hildebrand <zypher@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > [..]
6 > > So much for background information, now to the actual question:
7 > > Would you rather have now the ability to create multi-hash digests
8 > > and Manifests with the result of a short and mid-term larger
9 > > portage tree (in the long term the format will be phased out
10 > > hopefully) or rather wait for Manifest2 support (which will
11 > > definitely include multi hash support)?
12 >
13 > I'd rather wait for Manifest2 support.
14 > What is the ETA for the GLEP and the implementation after i?
15
16 GLEP I still have to start writing (mostly a reformatting of a mail I
17 sent a long time ago), there is already a prototype implementation
18 (doesn't cover everything yet but works generally), target is
19 for when current trunk will be released (still have to settle on a
20 version for it), which should hopefully be after 2.0.54 gets out
21 (which should be in the next few weeks). At a guess I'd say 4 months
22 till stable (but really, that's just a guess, see the 2.1 fiasko).
23
24 Marius
29 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
30 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.