From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 64: Export Package Manager Cached Information. (Was: RFC: GLEP 64: Standardize contents of VDB and establish and API for exporting this information.)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 15:00:27
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GLEP 64: Export Package Manager Cached Information. (Was: RFC: GLEP 64: Standardize contents of VDB and establish and API for exporting this information.) by hasufell
1 > >> That means either say "you cannot expect anything, because there might
2 > >> or might not be metadata" or say "you can expect metadata for any
3 > >> provided/installed package" in which case package.provided feature has
4 > >> to be removed from portage.
5 > >
6 > > "Provided" means "not managed by the package manager" and thus returning
7 > > "empty metadata" for queries is perfectly fine.
8 > >
9 > > I don't see why this feature would need to be removed ...
10 >
11 > You just rephrased "you cannot expect anything, because there might or
12 > might not be metadata".
13
14 So you're saying that if I remove metadata it is removed.
15
16 Our tautology circle is true! Thanks for contributing these awesome insights.