From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Future EAPI] src_fetch() phase function to support VCS fetching
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:00:40
1 On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:49:03 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:45:16 +0200
5 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > And yes, it is *very* unlikely that someone uses a slotted live
7 > > > ebuild with two branches being meaningful and managed in the same
8 > > > repo. Even if such thing exists, it is broken anyway because you
9 > > > can't say that re-fetching the branches back and forth is a
10 > > > correct solution. And it breaks existing tools anyway.
11 > >
12 > > This is done large-scale for all KDE ebuilds (in the KDE overlay) to
13 > > support master and KDE/4.x stable branch. Most use git, so no
14 > > problem; some (still) use subversion but will be migrated upstream
15 > > soon(?).
16 > >
17 > > Other examples are libreoffice (main tree, git) and cups (main
18 > > tree, subversion).
19 >
20 > I guess that's a pretty comprehensive "we need to do this properly"
21 > then.
22
23 Did I say we don't need to? We have the two eclasses which need to do
24 this properly, right? So what's your problem?
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny