From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP23: Portage handling of ACCEPT_LICENSE
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:59:18
1 On Wednesday 10 March 2004 01:27, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:05:07 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | > > LICENSE="mandatory-license \
6 > | > > ( || choosable-licence1 chooseable-license-2 ) \
7 > | > > useflag? ( optional-component-license )"
8 > | >
9 > | > Are you sure you mean that? Aren't you aiming for USE-like syntax?
10 > |
11 > | That's for within ebuilds themselves which is essentially where the
12 > | USE flags get processed. What I'm trying to say is that it's probably
13 > | easiest to equate DEPEND syntax to LICENSE and USE syntax to
14 > | ACCEPT_LICENSE.
15 >
16 > I did of course mean DEPEND like syntax (I blame the coffee...). So...
17 >
18 > LICENSE="mandatory
19 > || ( option-1 option-2 )
20 > foo? ( option-3 )"
21
22 Ahh, the back-slahes. Yes, they are in there just to indicate no EOL. I'll
23 remove them for clarity.
24
25 With the use of ||, as far as I know it must be the first element in the
26 (sub-)depend string. That's just from looking at portage code, though. I'll
27 get its use confirmed and then make sure that the example adheres on the next
28 update.
29
30 Regards,
31 Jason Stubbs