From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rafaelmartins@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lua upgrade plan
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:42:00
1 On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 03:12:00AM +0700, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
2 > By the way, it will also brake some proprietary games, that distributes via
3 > steam, humble, gog and so on.
4 >
5 > Some of them depends on shared lua and doesn't bundle it (instead, their
6 > installer calls apt (since they're doing games for ubuntu), but since we have
7 > no apt, we (gamerlay/games team) just writing proper DEPENDs, unpacking the
8 > content, and installing it.
9 >
10 > So, if shared lua will be dropped, we will either have a bunch of broken games
11 > or used to create some kludgy "lua-shared" custom ebuild, which is worse way
12 > of doing the things.
13
14 Are these games in the tree? I don't see anything related to steam or humble.
15
16 William