From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, rafaelmartins@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lua upgrade plan
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 20:12:12
1 By the way, it will also brake some proprietary games, that distributes via
2 steam, humble, gog and so on.
3
4 Some of them depends on shared lua and doesn't bundle it (instead, their
5 installer calls apt (since they're doing games for ubuntu), but since we have
6 no apt, we (gamerlay/games team) just writing proper DEPENDs, unpacking the
7 content, and installing it.
8
9 So, if shared lua will be dropped, we will either have a bunch of broken games
10 or used to create some kludgy "lua-shared" custom ebuild, which is worse way
11 of doing the things.
12
13 So, I'm voting for status quo.