From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing the concept of herds
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:49:59
1 On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
2 >
3 > What about a <list> entry in metadata.xml that points people to the
4 > suggested mailing list for discussing a package? Bugzilla could
5 > automatically add the list to its CC list, and both devs and non-devs
6 > could join the list without adding a lot of email addresses to the
7 > tree.
10 Yeah, I was thinking about something like an automatic per-package
11 email list or something like that, but I'm not sure how much use it
12 would get, and it would of course fragment discussions all over the
13 place.
14
15 I do prefer things like lists to aliases in general though, since
16 they're more public and archived.
19 Rich