From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing the concept of herds
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:10:24
1 On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:49:53AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:29 AM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
3 > > What about a <list> entry in metadata.xml that points people to
4 > > the suggested mailing list for discussing a package? Bugzilla
5 > > could automatically add the list to its CC list, and both devs and
6 > > non-devs could join the list without adding a lot of email
7 > > addresses to the tree.
8 >
9 > Yeah, I was thinking about something like an automatic per-package
10 > email list or something like that, but I'm not sure how much use it
11 > would get, and it would of course fragment discussions all over the
12 > place.
13
14 The benefit to a <list> entry is that it doesn't need to be
15 per-package. Everything currently in the python herd could be pushed
16 to gentoo-python@. If the folks running that list thing
17 dev-python/somepackage is too noisy, they can kick them off, and make
18 them spin up their own list.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Trevor