From: Zoltan Puskas <zoltan@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: "Trusted contributor model"
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 20:32:11
1 Hey,
4 > How would you suggest we track who has commit access, etc? The same
5 > way we do with developers, via a developer bug?
6
7 I believe proxy maintainers already have a bug assigned to them (at
8 least I have one), so maybe just a comment or a special tag would be
9 suffient on these bugs to signify commit access.
10 >
11 > I ask because I've noticed a lot of inactive proxied maintainers—one
12 > of which had been listed in metadata.xml for 6 years but had never
13 > committed to ::gentoo.
16 Should these packages not be dropped to maintainer needed? Just like
17 regular developers, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect a minimal level of
18 activiy from proxied maintainers (even if not as strict) or otherwise be
19 dropped from a package?
20
21 Zoltan