From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:37:49
1 On Monday 27 February 2006 21:37, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | You know where bugzilla is.  You know how to contact any of the
3 > | webapp-config maintainers via email, or via IRC.  We're ready to
4 > | listen to your input, and to work with you (or anyone else) on fixing
5 > | any genuine problems that webapp-config has.  The more feedback we
6 > | get, the better we can make this package for everyone's enjoyment.
7 >
8 > Then please start with bug 120088. Once that one's fixed we'll go from
9 > there.
10
11 While that bug explains your issues with the webapp people in general and
12 stuart in particular it is not related to webapp-config at all.
13
14 Looking at that bug, and the issues discussed in this thread I do get to
15 the point where I feel that instead of buggering people about packages,
16 it would perhaps be better to get those features into portage whose
17 absense causes the problems. The quality of the distribution would be
18 better suited with a portage that supports USE-flag dependencies,
19 dependencies between useflags in a package, sourcefile renaming /
20 DIST_PREFIX, etc.
21
22 Once that is supported, I'm also sure that those people involved will be
23 more than happy to fix their ebuilds to use those features. I do agree
24 with them though that the distribution should not be held back by missing
25 features in portage. Especially since those features have been missing
26 (recognized as such) for ages.
27
28 Paul
31 Paul de Vrieze