From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wxGTK {up|down}grade loop
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:39:35
1 On Saturday 25 October 2003 22:23, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 >
4 > I'm not very good with Python, but I'm interested in helping to design a
5 > better dependency checker. Could you give me a summary of the way the
6 > checker currently works or point me to a document that describes it? Or
7 > should I just learn Python?
8
9 Currently pvdabeel is working on a dependency checker. You should talk with
10 him about it (I'm not working on portage myself). Depending on your skill set
11 you might be happy to hear it has more to do with graph theory and graph
12 walking algorithms (like Dijkstra's shortest path), than with python.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer