From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wxGTK {up|down}grade loop
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:58:32
1 On Saturday 25 October 2003 22:39, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Saturday 25 October 2003 22:23, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 > > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I'm not very good with Python, but I'm interested in helping to design a
6 > > better dependency checker. Could you give me a summary of the way the
7 > > checker currently works or point me to a document that describes it? Or
8 > > should I just learn Python?
9 >
10 > Currently pvdabeel is working on a dependency checker. You should talk with
11 > him about it (I'm not working on portage myself). Depending on your skill
12 > set you might be happy to hear it has more to do with graph theory and
13 > graph walking algorithms (like Dijkstra's shortest path), than with python.
14
15 Also there is a mailing list for future portage development. While it is
16 rather quiet there currently, it is meant to discuss portage developments. It
17 is gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze