From: Luke Ravitch <luke@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why the FHS can't be followed
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:05:37
1 On 2002-07-02 15:19, Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > The FHS _has_ been followed by Gentoo.
3
4 Our /usr directory has lots of stuff that, according to the FHS,
5 doesn't belong there. E.g., some packages (at least Octave and
6 TeXmacs) put stuff in /usr/libexec when the standard dictates
7 application-based subdirectories of /usr/lib. And, of course, the
8 whole /usr/kde and /usr/qt thing that started this thread.
9
10 > I would suggest that everyone actually read the FHS at
11 > <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/>
12
13 A very good idea.
14
15 > p.s. I passed the LPIC Level 1 exams! They are tough.
16
17 Congrats!
20 Luke