From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Referencing bug reports in git
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:14:09
1 On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > I vote for a simple
3 >
4 > Bug: 333531
5 >
6 > If it is going to be any longer than that, then you need to make sure
7 > it is part of the commit message template magic. Because I'm surely
8 > not the only one who is lazy and thus averse to typing anything longer
9 > for the most common use case: Gentoo bugs.
12 ++ laziness
13
14 I don't mind it being a URL, but stick the header in the template (way
15 easier to delete it than to type it),
16
17 If it is a URL, please make it whatever is already in my browser
18 address bar. A nice shorthand URL looks pretty but it isn't so pretty
19 if I have to edit it instead of just hitting copy/paste. When I'm
20 fixing bugs I have the bug open in a browser already, since the next
21 step after committing the fix is going to be closing the bug.
22
23 Otherwise, I really don't care. "Bug" gets the job done. I haven't
24 seen any recent proposals that include the "X-" but that is one thing
25 I'd definitely avoid per the RFC.
28 Rich