From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Referencing bug reports in git
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 06:00:40
1 On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 08:13:59 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > If it is a URL, please make it whatever is already in my browser
5 > address bar. A nice shorthand URL looks pretty but it isn't so pretty
6 > if I have to edit it instead of just hitting copy/paste. When I'm
7 > fixing bugs I have the bug open in a browser already, since the next
8 > step after committing the fix is going to be closing the bug.
9
10 Same here, which is why I suggested the canonicalization. I want to be able to
11 paste in whatever is handy and have it come out looking nice.
12
13 > Otherwise, I really don't care. "Bug" gets the job done.
14
15 I don't care that much either. We never had URLs in the changelogs before so
16 it's not like we're losing anything.
20 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
21 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
22
23 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463