From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Illegal news item name
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:34:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Zac Medico wrote:
3 >> Vlastimil Babka wrote:
4 >>> The question is what to do now, rename it? Users will then see it again,
5 >>> and I don't know if there are even worse consequences.
6 >> AFAIK, seeing it again is the worst that will happen. The cvs ->
7 >> rsync script will ensure that the incorrectly named new item is
8 >> deleted on the rsync side after it's removed from cvs.
9 >
10 > As a lowly user, I would rather see it twice than to not see it at all.
11 > Although the argument could be made that java is not a critical package.
12 >
13 > Dale
14 >
18 The news items have filters so they don't show to everyone.
19
20 Regards,
21 Petteri