From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Illegal news item name
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:14:09
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Vlastimil Babka wrote:
3 > > The question is what to do now, rename it? Users will then see it again,
4 > > and I don't know if there are even worse consequences.
5 >
6 > AFAIK, seeing it again is the worst that will happen. The cvs ->
7 > rsync script will ensure that the incorrectly named new item is
8 > deleted on the rsync side after it's removed from cvs.
9
10 As a lowly user, I would rather see it twice than to not see it at all.
11 Although the argument could be made that java is not a critical package.
12
13 Dale
14