From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for January 22
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:38:21
1 On 18:23 Thu 22 Jan , Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Discuss on-list before meeting
4 > > ---------------------------------------
5 > > - Council meta stuff (-council)
6 > > - Can the size change? Minimum? Maximum?
7 > > - Should we have 2-year staggered terms?
8 >
9 > I'm in favor of a fixed size of council members, I'd like to see at
10 > least 5 council members *if* developers want to change the size. I
11 > dislike the idea of stretched 2-year terms, instead I prefer having
12 > 1-year staggered terms (voting every 6 months and replace 3 or 4 council
13 > members). This would allow to put open council slots into the next
14 > election, we wouldn't need to hold extra elections for open slots then.
15 >
16 > Anyways, this is something we can discuss - but as a change to the
17 > voting procedure most likely does change or extend what's written down
18 > in GLEP 39 I'd like to see a election on those changes.
19
20 I replied to -council to keep this discussion off -dev.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25
26 Donnie Berkholz