From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for January 22
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:23:56
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Discuss on-list before meeting
3 > ---------------------------------------
4 > - Council meta stuff (-council)
5 > - Can the size change? Minimum? Maximum?
6 > - Should we have 2-year staggered terms?
7
8 I'm in favor of a fixed size of council members, I'd like to see at
9 least 5 council members *if* developers want to change the size. I
10 dislike the idea of stretched 2-year terms, instead I prefer having
11 1-year staggered terms (voting every 6 months and replace 3 or 4 council
12 members). This would allow to put open council slots into the next
13 election, we wouldn't need to hold extra elections for open slots then.
14
15 Anyways, this is something we can discuss - but as a change to the
16 voting procedure most likely does change or extend what's written down
17 in GLEP 39 I'd like to see a election on those changes.
18
19 > - PMS, bug #250077: Do we need to get involved in this? (-dev)
20
21 We haven't been asked to get involved, therefore we don't need to.
22
23 Tobias