From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:58:12
1 On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 08:58 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > So at this point it's pretty much up to the maintainer. Why are the rest
3 > of us still discussing it?
4
5 Because, like everything else, too many people on this list have to get
6 in the last word.
7
8 Also, there's nothing in our policy that really keeps skype from going
9 stable, as I see it. It doesn't *have* to remain in testing, it would
10 just end up more convenient for the maintainer that way, and if he
11 decides to go that route, I fully support it, even though it does mean
12 dropping stable KEYWORDS on a package in the tree (which *is* against
13 policy and I suspect the reason this discussion was started).
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
19 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
20 Gentoo Foundation