From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:38:39
1 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> posted
2 1182192651.14981.43.camel@×××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Mon, 18
3 Jun 2007 11:50:51 -0700:
4
5 > On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 08:58 +0000, Duncan wrote:
6 >> So at this point it's pretty much up to the maintainer. Why are the
7 >> rest of us still discussing it?
8 >
9 > Because, like everything else, too many people on this list have to get
10 > in the last word.
11 >
12 > Also, there's nothing in our policy that really keeps skype from going
13 > stable, as I see it. It doesn't *have* to remain in testing, it would
14 > just end up more convenient for the maintainer that way, and if he
15 > decides to go that route, I fully support it, even though it does mean
16 > dropping stable KEYWORDS on a package in the tree (which *is* against
17 > policy and I suspect the reason this discussion was started).
18
19 Voice of clarity and reason. Thanks. =8^)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list