From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Does anyone want|need a static (lib)perl still?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:48:09
1 On Wednesday 18 January 2006 09:27, Drake Wyrm wrote:
2 > Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 20:18 -0800, Drake Wyrm wrote:
4 > > > Portage is not the only important system tool. Some of us actually
5 > > > use Perl. Please do not be with the breaking.
6 > >
7 > > Is this to say there is a valid need for both libperl.a and libperl.so
8 > > on your box?
9 >
10 > Personally, no, but others do. I should have been less ambiguous (and
11 > obnoxious) in my initial response. Please don't assume that just because
12 > _you_ don't need a static Perl, that _nobody_ needs a static Perl.
13
14 in other words, you have no idea whether you use libperl, you just saw a perl
15 thread and paniced because you thought perl was going to break
16 -mike
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list