From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [rfc] Rendering the official Gentoo logo / Blender 2.04, Python 2.2
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:11:54
1 Hi!
4 Please excuse bringing up a topic as old as this, again.
5 Only bringing up half, actually.
8 On 05.05.2011 07:36, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
9 > On 05/01/2011 06:10 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
10 >> Could you bisect Blender to find out why it doesn't work with the new
11 >> version?
12 >
13 > I tried a few more versions now. While Blender 2.31a still applies the
14 > reflection texture, Blender 2.32 does not anymore. At least on
15 > <http://download.blender.org/source/> these two appear as consecutive
16 > releases.
17
18 While doing digital cleaning over here I ran into my patches to make
19 ancient Blender compile again for Gentoo logo rendering.
20
21 I have streamlined those into ebuilds and a dedicated overlay
22
23 https://github.com/gentoo/blender-gentoo-logo-overlay
24
25 and filled the void in the Gentoo wiki
26
27 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Artwork/Artwork#The_blue_.22g.22_logo
28
29 with a few words and pointers.
30
31 The ebuilds are:
32
33 dev-lang/python/
34 python-2.2-r8.ebuild
35
36 media-gfx/blender/
37 blender-2.26.ebuild
38 blender-2.31a.ebuild
39
40 So whoever needs to render Blender files from 2003 again at some point
41 should find working ebuilds to do that. Feel free to join keeping them
42 in good installable shape.
43
44 Thanks and best,
48 Sebastian