From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New basic systemd profile
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 09:54:08
1 On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:20 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 1 May 2015 11:28:52 -0400
3 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Due to popular demand, I have added a basic systemd profile for amd64:
6 >
7 > what about we start telling people /etc/make.profile can be a dir
8 > and that you can fill the 'parent' file in there just as well as you ln
9 > -s it ?
10
11 That is the whole mix-in concept. In order to make that work we'd
12 really need to work towards it. You can't inherit profiles in
13 arbitrary order. If you want something like mix-ins you really need
14 to split profiles up into certain classes and define rules about which
15 ones are used for what. Then they won't be stepping on each other's
16 toes.
17
18 But yes, you could probably get away with it in many cases without any
19 special support from the distro.
22 Rich