From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:04:19
1 On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 01:26:53PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 14:18:01 +0200
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > The people who wrote PMS should be able to make the decision
5 > > > for themselves(as they will be maintaining it) as to what language
6 > > > to use.
7 > >
8 > > The main point being using latex prevents people from modify it.
9 >
10 > Are you seriously suggesting that hypothetical contributions we might
11 > receive from people who hypothetically might contribute if only we used
12 > XML instead of Latex outweigh all the extra work XML requires?
13
14 Right, and though I don't understand LaTeX all that well, it wasn't too
15 difficult to stop me from writing the spec for one function. I
16 personally dislike XML even more than LaTeX, but that shouldn't stop
17 those who wrote it from using it.