From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:07:44
1 > That's true, it has at least to be aware the there's an EAPI.
2 > But how does such a package manager handle .ebuild-0 files? Ignore them?
3 > Failing because of unknown files in a package-dir?
4 > Should we care about package managers not being aware of the existence of
5 > EAPI's?
6
7 Current portage would simply ignore them, which allows to use them
8 right away in the tree (we would only need to make sure that
9 developers touching packages using new format have up to date tools).
10 Future portage would handle them nicely w/o the risk of dying when
11 trying to figure out ebuild's EAPI, which is the point here.
14 Best Regards,
15 Piotr Jaroszyński