From: Uwe Reimann <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo for cris
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:36:56
1 Whoever just tries to download the whole distribution via http: THIS
2 WONT WORK, PLEASE ASK FOR A TARBALL !
3
4 Best regards, Uwe
5
6 Uwe Reimann wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I'm still trying to port gentoo cris (http://developer.axis.com). I
10 > got pretty far, however I am still having two major problems:
11 >
12 > 1. cris-dist-glibc or any other glibc can't be comiled on cris.
13 > 2. python-2.2.2 configures wrongly on cris (but can be compiled if
14 > configured on a different architecture)
15 >
16 > I really would liked to present a stage1 image, but those problems are
17 > preventing me from doing so. So I decided to set up a web server which
18 > serves a snapshot of my gentoo system for cris. The server is running on
19 > the devboard which bootet into my current snapshot of gentoo for cris.
20 > It can be reached at http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81 . The directory
21 > http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81/usr/local/cris-portage contains the build
22 > scripts, http://pulsar.homelinux.net:81/usr/portage/packages contains
23 > the resulting binaries.
24 >
25 > Currently, there's no binary for glibc, as it is not compilable on cris.
26 > The glibc used is cris-dist-glibc-1.25 cross compiled on an i686 with
27 > gcc-3.2.2.
28 >
29 > Also, there's no binary for python, as it does not configure right on cris.
30 >
31 > Please send any questions or comments to cris-gentoo@××××××××××××××××.net
32 >
33 > Have fun, Uwe