From: Brian Jackson <brian@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 8139too driver
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 01:42:27
1 You can test for this by adding "noapic" to your bootflags. That way you don't
2 have to recompile just to test this theory out.
3
4 --Brian
5
6 On Saturday 08 March 2003 06:36 pm, Zach Welch wrote:
7 > Robert Cole wrote:
8 > > Does someone here know what compiler options the 1.4 rc3 used for the
9 > > 8139too network driver by chance? I've tried everything I can think
10 > > of with the gentoo-sources and I can only get the driver to work when
11 > > I boot the rc3 CD but not when I boot into the system after an
12 > > emerge system.
13 > >
14 > > Did they use a different version than whats in the 2.4.20 gentoo
15 > > sources?
16 > >
17 > > I keep getting a watchdog timeout error message. NETDEV WATCHDOG:
18 > > eth0: transmit timed out. then several tx descriptor messages then a
19 > > message that full duplex 100 mbps has been established.
20 > >
21 > > Any ideas?
22 >
23 > I fixed this problem on my hardware by using a kernel those does not
24 > include the IO-APIC functionality. This option was causing problems for
25 > me on my SiS chipset mobo and resulted in the exact symptom you mention.
26 >
27 > Cheers,
28 >
29 > Zach Welch