From: Zach Welch <zwelch@g.o>
To: robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 8139too driver
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 00:38:01
1 Robert Cole wrote:
2 > Does someone here know what compiler options the 1.4 rc3 used for the
3 > 8139too network driver by chance? I've tried everything I can think
4 > of with the gentoo-sources and I can only get the driver to work when
5 > I boot the rc3 CD but not when I boot into the system after an
6 > emerge system.
7 >
8 > Did they use a different version than whats in the 2.4.20 gentoo
9 > sources?
10 >
11 > I keep getting a watchdog timeout error message. NETDEV WATCHDOG:
12 > eth0: transmit timed out. then several tx descriptor messages then a
13 > message that full duplex 100 mbps has been established.
14 >
15 > Any ideas?
18 I fixed this problem on my hardware by using a kernel those does not
19 include the IO-APIC functionality. This option was causing problems for
20 me on my SiS chipset mobo and resulted in the exact symptom you mention.
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 Zach Welch