From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, net-p2p@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About net-p2p herd status
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:00:07
1 On 31 March 2013 15:32, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 31/03/13 17:14, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hello
5 >>
6 >> Looks like this herd has some unattended bug for a long time (some for
7 >> some years), and looks not quite active. Is it still active? Should it
8 >> be dropped in favor of dedicated maintainers for its packages?
9 >>
10 >> Thanks
13 > I've just added myself back to net-p2p@ but haven't had time to work on many
14 > bugs yet
15 >
16 > But no comment, if the herd gets deleted, then it gets deleted, i'm neutral
17 > about that, can't speak for others
18 >
19 > - Samuli
22 The herd currently maintains 58[1] packages and a number of them are
23 being co-maintained by other people.
24 I don't think the herd is active and my opinion is to move
25 high-profile packages, such as deluge, qbittorrent, rb_littorrent and
26 packages co-maintained by others away from this herd.
27
28 [1]
29 hwoarang@helix ~ $ portageq --herd=net-p2p -n | wc -l
30 58
33 Regards,
34 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
35 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang