From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>, net-p2p@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About net-p2p herd status
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 10:34:00
1 On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > The herd currently maintains 58[1] packages and a number of them are
3 > being co-maintained by other people.
4 > I don't think the herd is active and my opinion is to move
5 > high-profile packages, such as deluge, qbittorrent, rb_littorrent and
6 > packages co-maintained by others away from this herd.
7
8 I think that herds really only make sense if there is some kind of
9 coordinated team effort behind them. Otherwise they're little more
10 than another form of category and a black hole for bugs to go into.
11
12 Certainly a few herds are active in this way, but it seems like the
13 majority are not. Where they are not we should get rid of them,
14 unless a team steps up to actively maintain them (defining a project,
15 electing leads, etc).
16
17 Rich