From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:48:22
1 On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:28:59 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Markos, to answer your question, there are folks on the team, and at
5 > least one user, using OpenRc from git without issues, so as far as I
6 > know there shouldn't be any breakage.
7
8 A few team developers is not a large enough test base for an important
9 package that is to be installed and ran on _hundreds to thousands_ of
10 user systems; I think you could reword future warnings to invite people
11 to unmask and test this important package version bump, and then state
12 it will be unmasked in X days if nothing bad gets reported.
13
14 You might get away this time, but what if hell breaks loose next time?
15
16 Besides that, as stated by others, such announcements are appreciated.
17
18 Thank you for the heads-up!
19
20 > I guess I was a little more harsh than I should have been, because I
21 > know there are users out here who want ~arch to be rock solid, and I
22 > have caught flack before from some of that crowd.
23
24 Exactly, ~arch isn't the new stable; it isn't the new masked either.
27 With kind regards,
28
29 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
30 Gentoo Developer
31
32 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
33 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
34 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D