From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: RFC: install linux-firmware with kernel sources (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: Firmware cleanup, part #1)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:42:26
1 On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 > I agree as I have also needed to google and search in forums to get
3 > proper firmware installed in the past in some machines :/
4
5 for fw in $(strings -a -n 10 $(find /lib/modules -name '*.ko') | sed
6 -n 's/^firmware=//p' | sort -u); do
7 if [ ! -e /lib/firmware/${fw} ]; then
8 echo ${fw}
9 fi
10 done
11
12 I guess you can do something similar with vmlinux.bin if compiling
13 modules into kernel. Looking into kernel sources is more robust, but
14 gets annoying fast. Full script I am using is here:
15 https://github.com/mkdesu/liberte/blob/master/src/root/helpers/lst-firmwares
16
17 You can encounter superfluous warnings with modules that support
18 multiple firmware subversions (e.g., iwlwifi).
21 Maxim Kammerer
22 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte