From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pinkbyte@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Moving project pages to wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:30:41
1 Dnia 2013-06-10, o godz. 16:36:43
2 Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > 09.06.2013 18:22, Alex Legler пишет:
5 > > I'd appreciate some input on below plan to move project pages to the Wiki:
6 > >
7 > > Motivation
8 > > ----------
9 > >
10 > > The main motivation is to reduce the contents on the main website,
11 > > allowing for an easier makeover. Also, the Wiki exposes the contents and
12 > > an editing capability to more people, allowing for better collaboration.
13 > > Finally, this is an opportunity for projects to go through the contents
14 > > in their project spaces and update/remove outdated contents as well
15 > > Gentoo as a whole to remove orphaned projects.
16 >
17 > Err, i do not want to say that wiki is not suite for this purpose, but
18 > what's wrong with current situation? Is there something wrong with gorg?
19 > Well, it is not always clear how to use some of it's features, but apart
20 > of that, why we should migrate to wiki?
21 >
22 > Just to clear orphaned project pages?
23 >
24 > Why we can not just have official project pages, maintained as usual
25 > through gorg and additional info in wiki(if it is needed, for example,
26 > like we do on Gentoo Qt project page?
27
28 Let's maybe start with the fact that the current website structure is
29 mostly a very big tree of random directories with completely random
30 data kept in CVS. I can see why I wouldn't want to touch it. And yes,
31 it's really easy to forget that you have a project page there and be
32 unable to find it...
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny