From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Moving project pages to wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:37:02
1 09.06.2013 18:22, Alex Legler пишет:
2 > I'd appreciate some input on below plan to move project pages to the Wiki:
3 >
4 > Motivation
5 > ----------
6 >
7 > The main motivation is to reduce the contents on the main website,
8 > allowing for an easier makeover. Also, the Wiki exposes the contents and
9 > an editing capability to more people, allowing for better collaboration.
10 > Finally, this is an opportunity for projects to go through the contents
11 > in their project spaces and update/remove outdated contents as well
12 > Gentoo as a whole to remove orphaned projects.
13
14 Err, i do not want to say that wiki is not suite for this purpose, but
15 what's wrong with current situation? Is there something wrong with gorg?
16 Well, it is not always clear how to use some of it's features, but apart
17 of that, why we should migrate to wiki?
18
19 Just to clear orphaned project pages?
20
21 Why we can not just have official project pages, maintained as usual
22 through gorg and additional info in wiki(if it is needed, for example,
23 like we do on Gentoo Qt project page?
27 Best regards, Sergey Popov
28 Gentoo developer
29 Gentoo Desktop-effects project lead
30 Gentoo Qt project lead