From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Revisions for USE flag changes
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 16:09:28
1 On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > But even if that's the case (I wouldn't know), it's the case due to a
4 > deliberate decision of those going "under the bus", because portage is
5 > the default, and by choosing to use some other PM, they've deliberately
6 > chosen its (non-PMS) features over those of portage.
9 None of this really has anything to do with PMS as far as I can tell.
10 There is no PMS requirement for --changed-use and such. There
11 certainly might be a usability requirement for it, which is why it
12 usually exists in one way or another.
15 Rich