From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pinkbyte@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding slot and subslot deps to others' packages
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 16:12:08
1 Dnia 2014-03-04, o godz. 15:54:18
2 Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > 02.03.2014 19:52, Michał Górny пишет:
5 > > Dnia 2014-03-02, o godz. 16:45:03
6 > > Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> napisał(a):
7 > >
8 > >> On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:37:22 +0100
9 > >> Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
10 > >>
11 > >>> Few months ago I have written a small FAQ on how to use slots
12 > >>> and subslots for library dependencies properly [1]. However, today
13 > >>> I see that most of the developers didn't care to properly update their
14 > >>> packages and when I introduced binary compatibility slot in libgcrypt,
15 > >>> I had my hands full of work fixing the mess for a single package.
16 > >>
17 > >> How about you file a tracker bug report for each library package, and
18 > >> then file bug reports per package using that dependency blocking the
19 > >> tracker bug?
20 > >
21 > > Excuse me but are you serious? I'm supposed to report a faftillion
22 > > of bugs? Filing them will take more time than fixing the packages, not
23 > > to mention all the time wasted on handling responses and all other
24 > > noise. But it seems that Gentoo developers lately prefer noise over
25 > > real work.
28 > Excuse me, will you get the full burden of possible breakages of all of
29 > the touched packages and will you not saying 'i updated the package and
30 > broke it, maintainers, please fix!'. No, sir, that would not work.
31
32 And how is that different from breakages when someone
33 the rev-dep and doesn't fix your package?
34
35 > I agreed with Jeroen - file a bug or ping people in IRC.
36
37 Fine. I'm just going to confirm with Bugzie admin that it's fine to
38 file a few thousand bugs just to satisfy you two.
41 Best regards,
42 Michał Górny