From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding slot and subslot deps to others' packages
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:54:30
1 02.03.2014 19:52, Michał Górny пишет:
2 > Dnia 2014-03-02, o godz. 16:45:03
3 > Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:37:22 +0100
6 >> Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Few months ago I have written a small FAQ on how to use slots
9 >>> and subslots for library dependencies properly [1]. However, today
10 >>> I see that most of the developers didn't care to properly update their
11 >>> packages and when I introduced binary compatibility slot in libgcrypt,
12 >>> I had my hands full of work fixing the mess for a single package.
13 >>
14 >> How about you file a tracker bug report for each library package, and
15 >> then file bug reports per package using that dependency blocking the
16 >> tracker bug?
17 >
18 > Excuse me but are you serious? I'm supposed to report a faftillion
19 > of bugs? Filing them will take more time than fixing the packages, not
20 > to mention all the time wasted on handling responses and all other
21 > noise. But it seems that Gentoo developers lately prefer noise over
22 > real work.
25 Excuse me, will you get the full burden of possible breakages of all of
26 the touched packages and will you not saying 'i updated the package and
27 broke it, maintainers, please fix!'. No, sir, that would not work.
28
29 I agreed with Jeroen - file a bug or ping people in IRC.
32 Best regards, Sergey Popov
33 Gentoo developer
34 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
35 Gentoo Qt project lead
36 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead