From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: EAPI 4 deprecated & ban
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 07:18:02
1 Dnia 2015-08-15, o godz. 09:06:48
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, Paweł Hajdan, wrote:
5 >
6 > > Nothing seems to prevent doing the mass conversion first,
7 > > deprecating EAPI 4, and then having a second, slower pass to make
8 > > sure the ebuilds are using EAPI 5 as they should be. One way might
9 > > be to add a "TODO" comment during mass conversion, which then can be
10 > > grepped for (and removed after manual review).
11 >
12 > How about a line like "EAPI=4" which can be grepped for? :)
13 > Seriously, what would be the benefit of a conversion if you need a
14 > second pass to redo it properly?
15 >
16 > Also there are still some 5000 ebuilds (14 %) with EAPIs 0, 1, 2, and
17 > 3 in the tree. IMHO it would be better to spend our effort in updating
18 > those first.
19
20 First, we'd use a tool which would tell us precisely which old ebuild
21 versions can really be removed. Like 'eshowkw' but also grepping other
22 ebuilds for dependencies that can not be satisfied by newer versions.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny
28 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>