From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: mirroring distfiles/patches on patches.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:47:31
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >>> Those get uploaded and look fine but after 6 months they are suddenly
4 >>> being removed by the script.
5 >>>
6 >> There is a distfiles whitelist[1] for this exact purpose...isn't there?
7 >>
8 >> [1]
9 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/mirrors/overview-distfile.xml
10 >
11 > Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of this when I was looking for a
12 > solution badly back then. Must be a rather recent development. Looks easy
13 > and straightforward - even deleting is possible. Good job, guys :)
14 >
15 > Still the developer needs to know about it and think of it in the moment of
16 > adding mirror restrictions to an ebuild with mirror://gentoo sources. A
17 > risk that is not going to be taken in any of my ebuilds.
20 I agree it could use a bit more...Preaching. I think the innards of
21 really how our mirroring system works is lost on some people. They know
22 the abstraction; "it's automated and does X,Y,Z" but they don't really
23 know how it all works.
24
25 -Alec Warner
26 antarus@g.o