From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: mirroring distfiles/patches on patches.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:15:48
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 >> Those get uploaded and look fine but after 6 months they are suddenly
3 >> being removed by the script.
6 > There is a distfiles whitelist[1] for this exact purpose...isn't there?
7 >
8 > [1]
9 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/mirrors/overview-distfile.xml
10
11 Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of this when I was looking for a
12 solution badly back then. Must be a rather recent development. Looks easy
13 and straightforward - even deleting is possible. Good job, guys :)
14
15 Still the developer needs to know about it and think of it in the moment of
16 adding mirror restrictions to an ebuild with mirror://gentoo sources. A
17 risk that is not going to be taken in any of my ebuilds.
18
19 I hope the people that prefer mirror://gentoo know about the issue and the
20 solution :)
21
22 Thanks,
23 Stefan