From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-arch/rpm - a few questions
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 09:26:43
1 В Чтв, 06/05/2010 в 00:34 +0200, Stanislav Ochotnicky пишет:
2 > Moreover if I am not mistaken database is not compatible between 4 and
3 > 5 so if someone accidentally upgrades...he/she is screwed. That was
4 > original reason for masking rpm-5 as far as I know.
5
6 It was hardmasked because some packages fail to build with rpm-5. And
7 although currently patches exist I'm not sure if anybody tested/applied
8 them yet.
9
10 > Summary:
11 > 2. What's your take on (re)moving app-arch/rpm-5?
12
13 It could be SLOTed. But since nobody maintains it it's better to drop it
14 from the tree with a clear message in ChangeLog why it was dropped.
15
16 BTW, thanks for taking care of rpm. Currently I don't use it but I
17 needed it some years ago and it was very pleasant to have it in the
18 tree.
21 Peter.