From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summary for 10 July 2008
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:07:08
1 On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:58:36 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > Would it be more constructive to create a list of new
4 > features/capabilities that depend on this GLEP. For each I'd define:
5 >
6 > 1. The feature/unmet need.
7 > 2. Why it can't be done or can only be done poorly without the new
8 > GLEP. 3. When we're likely to see the feature become available
9 > assuming the GLEP were approved.
10 > 4. What package managers are likely to implement it. (Ie their
11 > maintainers endorse the need.
12 >
13 > It sounds like this list might already have some items on it - so why
14 > not document them?
15
16 The GLEP already documents what needs it, in the broadest reasonable
17 terms. The problem with specifics is that everyone will then start
18 arguing about how exactly, say, per-cat/pkg eclasses would work, which
19 is irrelevant to the GLEP.
22 Ciaran McCreesh